The Northern Winter is fast approaching and NOW is the time to plan your Lapland trip and Lapland tours! Winter in Lapland and on the Arctic Circle is a magical time of endless night, Aurora Borealis, Santa Claus, igloos, and a myriad of outdoor winter activities.
Here is just a snippet of what Lapland has to offer visitors of all ages, interests, budgets, and activity levels.
- Santa Claus Safari – travel by snowmobile through snowy forests and over icy rivers across the Arctic Circle to visit a reindeer park and Santa Claus’ village – and even meet Santa himself! A fantastic day trip.
- Old Fashioned Reindeer Safari – sleigh ride through the wilds of Lapland on the most relaxing safari ever!
- For those who like to get active on their own steam, the Snowshoe Hiking Trip is the perfect way to get active and see the natural landscape up close and personal. Snowshoe through deep powder snow with a guide who will point out native birds and animal tracks.
- Animal lovers will thrill at the Husky Safari. These friendly and exuberant dogs welcome visitors, and then embark on a husky sled ride – an exhilarating experience like no other!
- No winter visit to Lapland is complete without experiencing the Aurora Borealis. We have a range of tours to offer the opportunity to marvel at what is one of the world’s most miraculous natural phenomena. And the Arctic sky is twinkling with stars you’ll not see anywhere else in the world.
- One authentic Finnish activity is Kicksledging. Control your kicksledge as you glide and ride over snowy trails from the top of the hill – no experience required! This is a fun and totally Finnish pastime.
- Anglers and nature lovers alike will love to get out into the wilderness and do a spot of Ice Fishing. Safari via snowmobile for thirty-plus kilometres. Learn to drill through the ice on frozen lakes in the backwoods and drop a line in as your guide prepares a warming, scrumptious Lappish soup lunch.
Other Lapland activities include staying in a snow igloo hotel, visiting the Ranua Zoo, visiting a reindeer farm, and much, much more.
Browse our vast array of Lapland Adventures and Winter Safaris today. Winter is coming – and our tours fill up fast! Scandi Travel is proudly the finest tour company in the Nordic – and with our specialty in Lapland trips, we guarantee you amazing experiences which you will remember for a lifetime!