Palace Square and the State Hermitage Museum Tour
Plunge into St. Petersburg with a half day tour of the city’s cultural and historical centre – includes the Palace Square and State Hermitage Museum.
- A captivating tour of St. Petersburg’s cultural centre; visiting Palace Square and the State Hermitage Museum.
- A private car will collect and drop-off from the Harbour or your chosen location in St. PetersburgA knowledgeable and friendly guide will direct the excursion and provide assistance whenever it is needed
Experience the cultural and historical centre of St. Petersburg with this Palace Square and State Hermitage Museum Shore Excursion. A comfortable, private car will collect you from the St. Petersburg Harbour, or your chosen location in the city. Your personal tour guide will direct the excursion to Palace Square and the State Hermitage Museum, providing a first-class service from start to finish.
Type: History, Architecture, Culture, Art
• A captivating tour of St. Petersburg’s cultural centre; visiting Palace Square and the State Hermitage Museum.
• A knowledgeable and friendly guide will direct the excursion and provide assistance whenever it is needed.
• A private car will collect and drop-off from the Harbour or your chosen location in St. Petersburg.
Coupon code for
the Baltic Cruises in 2020
Valid till 15.11
St. Petersburg Palace Square
St. Petersburg Palace Square is the city’s most prominent square. It has enormous historical significance owing to events that occurred here during the early part of the twentieth century. In particular, Palace Square was the setting for Bloody Sunday (1905) and the October Revolution (1917). Palace Square is a remarkably beautiful part of the city; it is surrounded on all sides by outstanding examples of baroque and classical architecture. The celebrated Winter Palace – now the Hermitage Museum – stands on the northern side of the square, while the building of the former Imperial Army lie to the south. From here you are rewarded with spectacular views of the gilded spire of the Admiralty which borders the western side. At the centre of Palace Square stands the colossal Alexander Column. Constructed from red granite and topped by an angel holding a cross, the monument is an arresting sight.
St. Petersburg State Hermitage Museum
The State Hermitage Museum boasts an impressive collection of nearly three million items. Only a small selection of paintings, sculptures, archaeological finds and graphic works from the enormous collection are on display. Founded in 1764 by Catherine the Great it was only made open to the public some 90 years later in 1852. Situated in the Winter Palace the State Hermitage is one of the oldest and largest museums in the world.
We provide fully authorised Visa-free tours to cruise ship passengers. We understand how important your short time in the city is – that’s why we strive to make every shore excursion exciting and memorable. Book now and discover St. Petersburg’s most fascinating attractions.
- Entrance tickets to the State Hermatage museum
- Private guiding
- Private first class air conditionned transportation
- Hotel accommodation