4 Day Summer Fairy Tale – Midnight Sun Experience in Lapland
- Experience endless days in summer in Lapland on this most exciting and culturally rich of Lapland tours.
- This enjoyable tour offers something for everyone and is perfect for couples, families, and seniors.
- Enter the heart of Lapland, meeting its people, embracing its natural appeal, and learning of its traditions.
- Based Rovaniemi, you will experience the wilderness by land and water, as well as the culture and traditions of Lapland.
- Experiencing summer in Lapland is truly something different and you will be assured of wanting to return to this spectacular corner of the world.
- Rovaniemi – Lapland’s Capital city
- Cruise the River Kemijoki by night and day ü Midnight Sun
- Reindeer Farm
- Lappish Hospitality
- Ceremonial Arctic Circle Crossing
- Santa Claus Village
Day One – Arrive Rovaniemi
You will arrive in Rovaniemi as per your own arrangements either by air, train, or road (we can help you arrange transport – cost not included in this tour price) and transfer to your comfortable city-centre hotel. Your afternoon is at leisure in Rovaniemi to explore the city or relax.
The evening begins with a tranquil cruise on the River Kemijoki in a traditional long and open riverboat. Thanks to the remarkable Midnight Sun, you can feast your eyes on all of Nature’s splendour even though it is late at night! Your guide will prepare and serve you a Lappish-style evening meal. Prior to midnight, you will disembark your riverboat and be driven to the top of the Ounasvaara Fell, from which you will enjoy magnificent views and raise a glass of sparkling wine in toast to Lapland’s white nights and the Midnight Sun. After the tour you will be escorted back to your hotel in Rovaniemi.
Day Two – Rovaniemi
Following a delicious breakfast in your hotel at approximately 08:00, we will extend you a warm welcome to experience the most important elements of Lapland’s culture and ambiance. The day’s adventure commences with a beautiful and refreshing traditional riverboat cruise along the River Ounasjoki and the River Kemijoki. The first stop on the cruise is a visit to a local Lappish family home and their traditional workshop. You will then travel by riverboat to a local reindeer farm, where you can meet the reindeer and learn about this intrinsic part of Lappish culture. You will be served a hearty Lappish lunch before participating in the ceremonial Arctic Circle Crossing during your farm visit.
In the afternoon, your tour continues with a car transfer to the Rovaniemi Santa Claus Village – a highlight for any visitor – where you will meet Santa Claus himself and have an opportunity to do a little shopping before you are transferred back to the city.
Day Three – Rovaniemi
Following breakfast in your hotel, the third day of this summer Lapland tour is to be spent at your leisure. You can opt to explore Rovaniemi, relax, or participate in any other of our summer safaris and trips we offer at Scandi Travel. We can give you guidance and advice to help you plan your perfect day in Lapland.
Day Four – Rovaniemi
You will be served breakfast in your hotel prior to transfer to the airport or station for your departure from Rovaniemi.
- Meals as per program
- Entry to included attractions as per program
- Accommodation in a 4* Rovaniemi city hotel
- Private transfers to and from airport or station
- Travel to and from Rovaniemi prior to and after Tour (we can arrange this for you at extra cost)
- Additional meals
Winter Fairy Tale 6 Day tour. Helsinki – Lapland and BackBook Online
Helsinki to Tallinn Day CruiseBook Online
Best Place to See Northern Lights in Lapland. 8 Day Tour to Helsinki – Rovaniemi – Kakslauttanen – InariBook Online
5 Day Helsinki to St Petersburg Cruise with 3-Day Russia Visa Free St. Petersburg TourBook Online